Thursday, March 19, 2009

No Boys Allowed!

It is a tradition in our family that when our kids turn 8 they get to go on a special trip, alone, to Disneyland. Erin has taken the boys and Abbie has been counting down the days until she got to go with me. As the time got closer to our trip she decided that she couldn't stand the thought of leaving Brooke behind. Because it was her trip, at the last minute we included Brooke and Kristie in our plans. We are so glad that we did! It was a weekend full of Disney, shopping, room service, the beach and lots of laughter. Abbie was the boss and we let her choose every ride, every restaurant and every ice cream break! Disneyland was sooo crowded and the weather was sooo cold but the memories that we created are priceless. It is times like these that I feel very lucky to have been blessed with daughters. I can't wait for more trips with the girls!

(I didn't bring my nice camera so we went to Target when we got to California and bought a point and click one for the trip. In true girly fashion, we forgot to put the memory card in before we went to Disneyland. Here are some pics of our very quick and cold but fun trip to the beach!)












Now I just have to convince Abbie that she wants to go to New York with me for her 12th birthday. Her dad and brothers have her convinced that fishing in Alaska with them would be soooo much more fun! I have 4 years to work on it!

2 comments:

Keri said...

I love your idea of taking your
kids on a trip when they turn 8.
How sweet that she wanted to take
her little sister too. You have
such a beautiful family! I hope
you make it to New York when she
turns 12.

Stacey said...

You have such a knack with a camera. I am so impressed with your pictures even with your less than super impressive camera. They were great shots. What a fun trip! You have such fun kids.