Sunday, March 8, 2009

Birthday Girl!



I can't believe it...my little girl is 8! Abbie is such a joy in every way. If I had the opportunity to relive any day in my life her birth would be in my top 2. She was born so perfect....a rarely given perfect 10 from the second she came into the world. The entire staff of the newborn nursery unit wheeled her into my room together to see the mom of the "most beautiful baby ever born at the hospital". (I'm sure they quickly realized that her mom had nothing to do with it!) Our family waited so long for her and we cherish her every day. Abbie can light up a room with her smile. She is the perfect combination of princess and tomboy and although we are sad that she is growing up, we are so proud of the amazing little girl that she has become.


These are our favorite things about Abbie:

Dad: Her hugs, her kisses and her smiles. (He calls her "cutie pie")

Mom: I love her belly laugh. You would never guess that a laugh like that would come from such a tiny little thing! I also love that she likes to be my buddy and do girly things with me.

Tayler: She is so hyper and is always flipping upside down.

Tanner: Even when Abbie is in a bad mood, she plays with me and wants to be with me whenever I ask.

Carson: She snuggles with me in the theater and watches movies.

Brooke: "Abbie!" (She loves her big sister. There is no one that can get her to laugh like Abbie can.)

We came into the dining room to find that Abbie had decorated it herself....complete with place settings written on her balloons!

Her "Littlest Pet Shop" cake was just about the most exciting thing that she had ever seen!

Abbie finished off the day with High School Musical 3 and a sleepover with her cousin, Caitlyn.

I love this picture. I just happened to snap a candid at the end of the day when she was sitting looking at her new lavender beach cruiser. Her face looks so peaceful and content....I can't help but wonder what she was thinking. Hopefully this means that she had an awesome birthday!

Happy Birthday Abbie!

We love you!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

I love that last shot you posted as well. You have such a talent with the camera. Happy Birthday Abbie! What a neat girl. She has so many talents.

The Hendricks Family said...

I love that post about Abbie. She is a darling, fun and kind person. I love being around her. We sure love her at our house. I love that last picture. Jen look at you go with your SLR. I am so proud. We love you Abbie!!

Tiffinee said...

Oooooooo, I want Abbie now too! What cute pictures of her. Very nice job!! Your camera looks like it is working now??? Did it get over it's sickness?