Sunday, February 15, 2009

May I have this dance?

At the elementary school that our kids attend, it is a tradition for the 6th graders to have a Valentine's Dance. In the months leading up to February, the students are taught proper dance etiquette like how to ask a girl to dance and how to lead a lady off of the dance floor when the song has ended. Instead of their regular P.E. activities, the 6th graders learn dances like the Waltz, the Cha-Cha, the Jitterbug and lots of fun line dances. It is a great chance for the kids to become comfortable with each other and Tanner actually learned a lot. The parents are invited and encouraged to attend and Erin and I had so much fun! Tanner ripped up the dance floor!

This is Tanner in the middle of a huge group of boys showing off his moves!


A girls choice dance...yes one of the tallest girls in the class asked one of the smallest boys in the class!


Just line dancing!


Tanner tried to teach me how to Waltz. Apparently I'm not the best student. He was very eager to lead me off the dance floor!



This is our lady of choice for Tanner. What a perfect pair! If you look closely, you can see the moms planning the wedding in the background!


Tanner asked Brooke to dance the last slow dance of the day. These pictures melt my heart.

Thanks for the fun times Tanner!

Happy Valentine's Day!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

I agree with you. Those pictures of Tanner dancing with Brooke are adorable. What a great idea for the sixth graders.

Tiffinee said...

Oh my gosh, I am dying at how cute those pictures are! He is such a cute boy....and a good boy, and that's what makes him so great!

The Hendricks Family said...

I love that the parents got to go to the dance. I love that Tanner danced with you and Brooke. Tanner looked so handsome. He is such a great boy.