Sunday, January 10, 2010

We've been up to......

Halloween 2009 was a blast! The kids convinced me to dress up and we had so much fun. Abbie and I were pirates, Carson was Bumblebee and Brooke was Tinkerbell and a Care Bear. It was a battle that I chose not to fight and so she flip flopped between the two all day. Tayler and Tanner are too cool for Halloween and so they entertained themselves by trying to scare the older kids on our porch when they came trick or treating. We ended up with sooo much candy and very happy faces!


Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


This year for crazy hair day at school Abbie wanted to do a beehive. I didn't realize what I was getting myself into when we started brainstorming together. It was a lot of fun but it will NEVER happen again so I'm glad that Tiff got a great picture of our creation. We braided yarn into her real hair and we attached bees to our hive with gold pipecleaners. Abbie got a lot of attention and came home with a huge smile which made it worth every second! Girls are so much fun!

Photobucket


This year for fall break our family went to Lake Powell. It is such a beautiful place and we came home so thankful for the beauty that surrounds us. We had so much fun wakeboarding, cliff jumping and just being together as a family. The kids have decided that they would like to make a Lake Powell trip an annual tradition and Erin and I don't need much convincing!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


That's all for now! I'm working on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years and learning very fast that it is MUCH easier to stay on top of things as they happen!

3 comments:

jaime said...

LP!!! how have I already forgotten about that water?? LOVED Carson's and Erin's feet on the board!! and to finally here the secret of how you got that beehive looking so real.. I could NOT tell what it was made out of???

The Hendricks Family said...

Wow, look at you getting all caught up. I am so jealous/proud of you for getting your blog updated. Looks like a lot of fun was happening with your family.

Tiffinee said...

HEY....YOU POSTED.....like A MONTH ago!! Jaime had said something about checking our blogs and seeing your pumpkin everytime....and I was thinking...what pumpkin? Anyway, nice pumpkin!! Love the whole post! Your Lake Powell collages are so awesome! Looks like you guys know how to "bring it" at Powell!